Friday, May 23, 2008

Gymnastics World Cup

I went to see the gymnastics World Cup last week. Tianjin hosted it and I've wanted to see a big gymnastics meet like this since I was little. The even ran into the director of the whole thing at Rajdeep's restaurant during the 3 hour break between finals. He said the US wasn't there because they were too busy preparing for the Olympics. China cleaned up on most of the events. Especially Chang Fei. I bet she'll win a few medals at the Olympics this August. The North Korean gymnasts were especially small. I wonder if that is because of hard living conditions or genetics.

I made signs to cheer on China. The other side says 加油!(go!)

Cheng Fei on beam. She looks 10 years old but she's probably 20.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynds, How many countries were represented at the gymnastics world cup? Keep the pics coming, they're great!

Mom

kaushik said...

Hi Lindsey, I stumbled across your name and contact on the An American in Calcutta blog and would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. I am an NRI residing in UK. Together with my Irish wife we bought a 3 bed flat in central Kolkata and i have read that you are going there later this year. Was wandering if you would be interested? We would like to rent it to overseas people for greater security. Thank for your time. ps We will be in Kolkata for first two weeks of August this year.

Lyndsey said...

Hi Kaushik. I don't know how to contact you since your blogger profile isn't accessible and I don't know your email. I am looking for a flat but I'm worried a 3 bedroom flat might be out of my budget. How much per month are you asking?

kaushik said...

Hi Lyndsey, sorry about the delay in getting back. I didnt realise that you didnt get my email address. Well if its just for yourself then the 3 bed flat will probably be too big for you. I was looking for around Rs 24,000/- a bit high but its for the area and the facelities. my email address is as follows:
paulkaushik@yahoo dot com. Good luck with your move.
Kaushik