Thursday, February 28, 2008

End of winter vacation

Well sadly my long winter vacation is about to come to an end. I've had over a month and a half off and it was wonderful. After traveling with my sister and brother-in-law, I still had a month of idleness. I made use of my time by going to the gym and studying Bengali like there's no tomorrow. Here are just a few photos from my break.

To the right is a photo on the ice at the Tianjin TV tower, Tianjin's one and only landmark. Left to right: my friends Robin, Sudev, and Sumanta. You could rent skates or these little sleds on runners that you sit on and push yourself around with long picks. We just walked around since the ice seemed too bumpy and skate rental seemed a little pricy (20 yuan per person! - $2.50)






Left is Rajdeep checking out the skates.








The two photos below are from Valentine's Day. I had never actually celebrated it before, and doing so in China was something special in itself.

























Last but not least, Chef Lyndsey. Like the apron? It's the year of the rat folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynds,
Did Rajdeep make the cake in the picture? It looks really good and are there rats on your apron? You said it's the year of the rat. What are you eating? Your flowers look beautiful, but I bet they didn't last as long as mine from Wal-Mart!

debturner said...

Hey Lyndsey,
I just received your blog info from Shelly so I was anxious to see what you've been up to. Lots! What a very interesting life your leading. The pictures of the ice festival were amazing. Makes me want to hop a plane and see for my self. I so glad to have the opportunity to connect with you! Take care and please do where a helmet! Deb Turner(your cousin)

Lyndsey said...

Mom, your walmart flowers are probably made of plastic, that's why they're not dying. Mine are the real deal! And, yes. Those are rats on my apron.:)

Hi Deb. Thanks for the message! It's good to hear from you.