Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Out

Hi everyone. Keep commenting, I really enjoy hearing from all of you. Problem is I (yet again) can't access the page where I can reply to your comments. That doesn't mean I'm not seeing what you write though!
...............................

Today was a beautiful Sunday in Tianjin so I got off my lazy butt and took the bus to a coffee shop where I studied Bengali for a while and then met up with a few friends and walked to a big book store. It's really big - 6 floors. But only 1/4 of one floor has English books. Anyway, here are a few photos from my day.

The first one here is my apartment area. Lovely little yu shui yuan (jade water garden). Lots of Koreans and some Japanese live here. Still, I feel like the only foreigner.


Below here is the canal that separates my housing area from downtown Tianjin. The air is noticeably cleaner where I live. Don't judge by the picture - I changed the colors on the photo. This city does have a little color :)


The third photo here is quite random really. As I was walking to the bus stop I passed a group of workers who were digging up trees and replanting them along the sidewalk. I don't know what was wrong with the original trees but I guess it gives these guys work. They're probably getting paid about 600yuan a month (around $90 a month).

Last is the cover of a Chinese textbook my friend and I were checking out. I think a better title would be "Upper Intermediate" but we found their translation of "Quasi Advanced" a little more amusing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy-Loo-Hoo: I haven't checked my e/m's for a while -- what else is new!!

Keep the pics coming. I guess the bookstore is a little bigger than our Barnes & Noble bookstore -- maybe about 5 floors bigger??

Now that your vacation is over, are you glad to be back in a routine again?

Hey, that chocolate cake sure looks inviting -- did Raj bake it for you? If he did, he can bake a cake for me anytime he wants to!

When is Spring in China? How warm does it get? Is it similar to our Spring in good old Centre County?

Are you ready to return home, or are you already planning your next big adventure? If so, what place(s) do you have in mind? Have you considered an island where the weather is warm & the ocean clear & beautiful? If so, I'm coming to visit you. Since I wasn't invited to China, I'm going to invite myself to some other destination -- how's that for being bold!! Well, gotta sign off. Take care. Love ya!

Lyndsey said...

Thanks for the message Auntie Sue! Rajdeep didn't make the cake but he bought it! haha that's good enough for me.

It's springtime here right now. It began a week ago when the white fluffy seeds start blowing around in the air. I think they're from the trees. It will be over in another week and then it will be summer. Spring is way too short here.

By the way, you're welcome to come visit me in Tianjin. I just can't take time off to take anyone to other places. But if you come to China and have time to stop over in Tianjin that would be great.

Love Lynds