Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Visuals

Left to right: Sarah (my Chinese-Canadian flatmate, she teaches at the same company), ME, and Liz (my Vietnamese flatmate, she teaches me Chinese and cooks for me)




Maybe this picture is a tad cliche but hey, I'm in China. It's to please the folks back home :) This is yours truly in Tiananmen Square with the Forbidden City in the background. I've visited this place a few too many times so it's sadly lost its oooh ahhhh appeal.


At a lantern shop during Spring Festival (February). Families decorate their homes with red lanterns and images of the character 福 which means happiness. At midnight on China's New Year's Eve eveyone and their mother comes out into the street and sets of a dazzling displace of fireworks. The kind of fireworks you see at a professional show in the use for July 4th can be bought by a child on the street corner. .. I'm just guessing but I bet the hospitals get a lot of business at that time of the year!

No comments: