Sunday, June 10, 2007

Indian breakfast: I choose my aquaintences wisely!

My friends here in China come from a variety of backgrounds; some Americans, Canadian, British, a number of Chinese, Nepali, and Indian. Rajdeep is Indian, from the northeast part called Assam. He's head chef at Alibaba's Indian restaurant here in Tianjin which means one very important thing: lots of free delicious Indian cooking!

He told me last week that he missed having breakfast with his family so he offered to cook up an Indian style breakfast for my friends so we could all eat together. I had to leave for work by 8am so we stayed up until 3am preparing the night before and woke back up at 6:30 to finish ... in the end, the lack of sleep was worth it.


A delicious breakfast of (poori (hollow bread), aloo parattha (a type of flat bread with potato and masala), bhaji (like a curry with different types of vegetables and masala, and kheer (a sweet dish made of milk, sugar, rice, raisins, and some different spices) mmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.