Monday, September 24, 2007

Sofa hunting

My apartment here is pretty nice: 2 bedrooms, modern, nice little kitchen which is my favorite room in the house, and a hard leather sofa. That sofa has got to go. I'll be living in the place for at least a year and I want to be comfortable so yesterday I set out on an epic bike ride across Tianjin to hunt for a new sofa. I found a few furniture places but they're a little too posh and pricy for my tastes. I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

I also need to get some curtains. In the meantime I turn off the lights when I need to change my clothes. Who knows if the neighbors across from me are looking out their windows at me. I went to the Home Depot across the road to price curtains and they are not cheap! 180rmb per meter!!? That's like $23 per meter. NO Way. I'm going to find a tailor and have them made that way.

Tomorrow I have off because its the Korean mid autumn festival and I have all of next week off for the chinese national day and mid autumn festival!! I love working at an international school...we get both countries' holidays off!

No comments: